Monday, November 21, 2011

412" Bull by Unlimited Outfitters

Posted by Jay Scott of Colburn and Scott Outfitters
Sounds like the record needs to be set straight.  This bull was harvested by Justin and Brian Marshall's crew with Unlimited Outfitters.  I have heard that Todd Brooks and I spooked the bull to Brian Marshall and crew and that it ran into their lap and they shot it out of self defense.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  The truth as I know it is that my hunter Todd Brooks were hunting in a completely different part of the unit on opening morning.  I called my wife at lunchtime to tell her we were on our way back to camp and to have our lunch ready.  She said that friend Cody Nelson had seen a big bull.  Cody showed us that afternoon where he saw the bull.  We moved in that afternoon and ended up spooking the bull.  The next morning we went to where I thought the bull spooked to.  We chased bulls but did not find the big one from the night before.  On the way out we saw a Ranger parked.  I commented that they must have had a good morning because it was around 11.30 and they still werent back to the rig.  We did not see the bull that night but I got a text picture from Brian Marshall that night of a bull that looked just like the big one.  The next morning to our surprise as we passed a camp.  There was a large set of antlers in the back of a Ranger.  I stopped at the camp and the lights were off.  It was roughly 4:30 am.  It turns out it was Brian and his crew.  They had harvested a great bull fair and square.

FOR THE RECORD AND FOR ALL GOSSIPERS, if you weren't there then shut your mouth!  The bull was harvested fair and square by Brian Marshall and Unlimited Outfitters.  Brian actually has been watching that bull for several years.  He has great video of that bull.  Brian and I have known each other for many years and while we do not run together I consider him a friend.  We have always had a good professional relationship and we will continue to do so.  Brian and his crew know the country real well and have consistently helped their cleints harvested great trophies for many years.

Case closed in my book and hats off to Unlimited Outfitters and Brian Marshall for a great job. All other talk is just that TALK.  And thats all I have to say about that.  Good Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...