Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spring Turkey Hunting 2008

Spring turkey hunting is one of my favorite hunts of the year. Although, my wife would argue that what ever season it is at that time is my favorite. Birds were plentiful this spring and the action was awesome. We hit our usual Merriams turkey stops and birds were tearing it up all season long. Congrats to a few of the first timers, Cody Nelson, Jay Pyburn, Levi Ulmer and Crystal Colburn on their first birds. I finished the year in Texas chasing Rios with good friend, Daniel Franco and his friend Ira. We had a good time as we invaded Canadian, Texas. We got into some birds and were able to call some in to the shotgun! The gobble of the Rio does not have the thunderous appeal of the Western Merriams but they were neat to encounter. I am already planning some of my spring turkey hunts for next year including some Rios in CA, the usual Merriams in AZ and a Goulds hunt in Mexico. Spring 2009 looks like it is shaping up to be eventful.



My daily double
Levi's daily Double
Little Jay's First Merriams gobbler


Kirk, Cody, Crystal, Nicole, and Skip








Texas Rio Grande Turkey

Daniel and Ira with their Rios


My stateland turkey

Cody's First spring gobbler





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...