Sunday, August 31, 2008

ASU Football Season is here!

Well, ASU football season got off to a good start. ASU whipped the NAU Lumberjacks 30-13. Rudy Carpenter looked sharp and passed for over 388 yards and went 22-28 passing. Coach took him out in the third quarter and it was 27-0. I have been thinking about this game for some time now after the passing of my buddy. As we crossed over the bridge, looking at the stadium I began to remember all of the times that I had made the same trip with my Papa. He has been a ASU season ticket holder since 1955. I began going to ASU games when I was in Kindergarten. Our friend Regan Gradke brought his boy, Jake, who is in kindergarten. The photo of Jake watching the game with me in the background was reminiscent of me and Papa some time ago. Well Pops, you would have been proud the student section was packed and fired up long before the kickoff and the boys played tough. There were many people who asked where you were and were saddened by the news. Then some who knew what happened and just gave me the thumbs up or a wink. I was extremely proud when I sat in seat 14. I felt as if you were still right beside me cheering them on! Go ASU!! Bring on Stanford!











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...