Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Its How We Play the Game

I was recently reading Petersens Bowhunting which had an article by one of my favorite writers, Eddie Claypool, it is titled “The Great Intangible”. I thought it was an awesome article and it made me think of the old saying about “Its not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game”. Mr. Claypool didn’t know it, but has challenged me to adjust my attitude during my hunts and everyday life. I have lots of situations while scouting or hunting that don’t go “my way”. The manor in which I handle these little misfortunes determines my attitude and often times my outcome for the day. I am guilty as can be in letting some little things such as flat tires, dead flashlight batteries and transportation equipment failure, etc put a damper on my day. I will try and remember “It’s how we play the game” that matters most. All of the preparation in the world sometimes can be hindered by one minor malfunction of equipment. Keeping a positive attitude and giving your all on every hunt is the key to having lots of fun and success. Thanks for the article, Mr. Claypool and keep up the great work!

Petersens Bowhunting October 2008 , “The Great Intangible” by Eddie Claypool pg 74-79 also at www.bowhuntingmag.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...