Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nephew Jay goes on First Deer Hunt

My nephew Jay, who is 15 years old, has always been referred to as “Little Jay”. My nephew is a high school football and basketball player who weighs about 225lbs and is now taller than I am at 6’ 3”. Now for the record I am little Jay and he is Big Jay. Jay drew his first Arizona deer tag this fall. He flew in from his Friday Night football game and Jeanne brought him up to meet Darr and I for the deer hunt. We would have Saturday and Sunday morning to find Jay a buck. We found a buck and made a great stalk over to the buck. Darr watched the buck while I got Jay setup with a good rest. His shot was 290 yards. Dustin Kuhns was watching other hillside incase this opportunity did not work out. Fortunately it did!! Jay stayed nice and calm and shot the buck. I was more of a wreck than he was! It was a great feeling to help him get his first deer. He now wants to go hunting for everything. Although this buck is not big in trophy standards it was HUGE to us because it was his first deer. Nice job Jay! It is definitely bigger than my first Coues deer buck. Thanks to Darr and Dustin for helping Jay harvest his first trophy buck! On the hunt, we got to ride the four wheeler and Jay even tried his hand at driving the pickup on some off road trails.

Darr and Little Jay with his first Coues deer


Jay the 49ers won't win a game this year!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...