Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2006-2007 Coues Deer Season

We had a great time this season hunting North of Hermosillo, Mexico. Darr was able to shoot two great buck that grossed over 110 and I shot my biggest Coues deer at 115 gross. My cousin Jimmy shot his best buck at 113 gross. Steve Whinnery harvested a buck that grossed 110. The ranch we hunted was more of a desert ranch and the density was not as high as other ranches we have hunted. We hunted long and hard and were able to capture some great video footage of our deer harvests. Darr, Kirk, Steve, Jimmy and myself all managed to take bucks on film. We had some lion spottings and some mule deer sightings. We had a great trip with lots of stories firmly etched in our minds. Jeanne came down for some fun and actually let me shoot my buck. She was going to shoot but didn’t like the distance of the shot nor the angle. Thanks Jeanne!! We also had the company of Tyler Hall and Steve Chappell on the hunt! They were great help glassing and packing meat!

Tylo and Jimbo

Steve Whinnery and Jimmy Vincent
My best Coues buck so far at 115" gross








Darr and I with Darr's 110+ buck

Cousin Jimmy and JayWe saw a couple of felines on the trip


Jeanne "Eagle Eye" Scott
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...