Wednesday, December 4, 2013

KUIU Super Down Jacket

Janis has already weighed in on the Super Down Gear from KUIU but I thought I would throw in my two cents as well.  I have been wearing the KUIU Super Down Jacket since just before the January 2013 Coues deer hunts in Sonora, Mexico.  This jacket has amazed me over the last 12 months.  It has an incredible warmth to weight ratio and is one of my most reliable pieces of gear.  I have worn this jacket on turkey, coues, sheep, elk and mule deer hunts and even gone fly fishing with me on some of the colder mornings.  This incredible little jacket only weighs 10 ounces!  It goes in my backpack virtually every time I go into the hills.  It is not made to be worn as an outer layer but I do it all of the time.  I usually wear it while glassing once I have cooled down from the hike up to my point.
 This handy little jacket has a hood which I use a lot and has a left chest pocket that is great for a camera, gps or radio.  The chest pocket actually turns into a stuff sack and it turns into the size of a softball.  I have gotten a ton of use out of this jacket in many applications over the last year.
This jacket has 2.5 ounces of 850+ Toray Quix Down.  The Toray Stunner®Stretch fabric is treated at the individual fiber level with Toray’s Industry Leading Kudos DWR treatment.  I love this jacket so much I will be quickly be adding the Super Down Vest and Super Down Zip T to my KUIU arsenal for those extremely cold quad rides while hunting deer in this winter.  I also have to make a disclaimer:  Being a desert rat I have often been known to wear an extra layer when the temps get below 60!  I can't recommend the Super Down Jacket from KUIU enough.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I love the feel of a comfy Down Jacket. I got a great price on a really warm, comfortable one at Burlington Coat Factory. They have good deals there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...