Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Janis' Boots

I'm on my second pair of Lowa Tibets and my first pair of Lowa Extreme Hunters are still going strong after four seasons. I'm constantly looking for the best boot for backcountry elk hunting and I believe these two come as close to perfect as anything on the market. The Tibets are the 8" model and do not have insulation. The boot is a bit bulky and heavy to be considered the stealthiest on the market, but it blends awesome support and traction with being as light as possible. I've tried many others that were lighter and faster and quieter, but none could keep my ankles from rolling over when packing an elk quarter across a sage and bunchgrass dotted hillside. The Extreme Hunter is the big brother in the Lowa family. Two inches higher and lined with 400 grams of Primaloft insulation, it's a winner when the temps drop and snow is in the forecast. This boot gives you warmth while still maintaining a nimble, hiking feel. To look at all of Lowa's boots go to http://www.lowaboots.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...