Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Elk Calling Tips

I really like calling animals whether its elk, turkey or coyotes.  I have never duck hunted but have been told if I ever did I would become a junkie.  Calling to elk is sometimes not the best way to harvest a giant bull but sometimes it can be very effective.  I have had my share of call ins over the years.  I really like cow calling and am constantly challenging myself to sound as realistic as possible.  There are certainly much better elk callers than myself but it is so fun to trick a big bull with just a diaphragm in my mouth.  I really like the Hunters Specialities single reed Infinity latex call.  They seem to be a very consistent call and very reliable under the pressure of calling big Arizona bulls.  I hope the tips on this video can help you become a better elk caller!



Here are a couple of bulls that came to the cow call.  Sometimes it does work!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...