Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2010 California Spring Turkey Hunt

My nephews and I got to hunt a beautiful ranch in California for Rio Grande turkeys this past weekend.  The birds gobbled very well and the action was great.  Both, Will and Jay were able to harvest birds.  I used my box call from my dear friend who passed away last year, Mr. Marvin Robbins.  Everytime I heard a gobble I thought of Marvin.  I know he was grinning from ear to ear watching our success from a grand seat above.  This hunt was a great kickoff to special season!

I used my Timberline Box call and brand new Dave Smith decoys which I will be doing another post on in a few weeks after a few more hunts.  My initial impression of the decoys is that they are awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...