Sunday, August 22, 2010

2010 Archery Deer Hunt


The Arizona archery deer season opened on Friday. I have been wanting to shoot a Coues deer with my bow. Since I did not draw a deer tag this year I decided to go archery deer hunting for a couple of days before elk season. I headed up to the high country on Thursday to go set up my blind on a water hole. When I got to the spot I wanted to hunt there was already another blind set up. I moved to another spot I knew and hiked my Primos Eclipse Blind down to the water hole. I spent a total of 28 hours in the blind and never did have a buck show up. The does that came in did not seem to mind the brushed in blind by the waters edge. It was fun to see the deer that close up. I had does drinking at 20 yards. I also heard my first elk bugle of the season! Here are a few pics and video from the hunt.
I was able to read three books on my Amazon Kindle in the blind



Wilderness Athlete Bars kept me from getting hungry








Primos Eclipse blind brushed in



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...