Saturday, November 21, 2009

Montbell Sleeping Bag

I recently used my Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #1 Long while scouting for sheep in Western Arizona.  I got the bag to use on backpack trips.  As you can see from my setup above I was far from backpacking but it was still a good opportunity to test the comfort of the bag.  The temperature when I got in my bag was about 55 degrees and was 39 degrees when I woke up the next morning.  I started with the bag completely zipped open and about 2am I zipped it all the way up.  All I can say is wow!  The bag is not confining like most backpacking bags.  It stretches in all directions and was very warm and comfortable.  The bag is a 15 degree bag and should be great for future deer hunting/sheep hunting backpacking trips.  I am 6'2" and the long bag is perfect for me.  The bag comes with a tunnel hood, neck adjuster, neck baffle, and auto lock zipper.  This bag only weighs 2.7lbs and comes with a stuff sack and cotton storage sack.  The construction of this bag is made of ballistic airlight fiber nylon and 800 fill power down.  The dimensions in the stuff sack are 7 X 13.8 inches.  I look forward to using this bag on my upcoming hunts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...