Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mont Bell Gear

I have been attempting to lighten my whole gear setup and have found some great stuff from Mont Bell. I love the Thermawrap Jacket, Alpine Down Vest, the Merino Wool Highneck shirt and leggings. I used this on my recent mule deer hunt in Colorado. The temps in the morning was in the low teens and warmed up into the high 50's during the day.  These garments worked great and were incredibly lightweight and very warm.  My layers of clothing for the hunt were Mont Bell Merino Wool shirt and tights, Cabelas Hunt Tech shirt, Montbell Thermawrap Jacket and Montbell Alpine Down Vest.  I can't believe how light yet warm these garments are.  Can you believe that the vest and the jacket combined in their stuff sacks only weigh 1.4 lbs or 22.6 ounces!!

Janis Putelis (L) and Jay Scott (R) pictured wearing Mont Bell gear.

MONT BELL US ALPINE DOWN VEST




High quality 800 fill power hypoallergenic goose down
30-denier Ballistic rip-stop nylon shell
30-denier Ballistic nylon taffeta lining
Compresses :φ6.1" x 8.2" (stuff sack included)
I have it in the color black
Weight (size large) 11.9 oz in the included stuff sack
Fill Weight:3.8 oz.
Box Construction eliminates cold spots, while encouraging the down to loft
Standard DWR treatment
Zippered hand warmer pockets
Micro-fleece lined collar
Internal zippered mesh pocket
Stuff sack included


Here I am wearing the Mont Bell Alpine Down Vest.  It only weighs 11.9 oz!

MONT BELL HIGHNECK SHIRT AND TIGHTS
Sorry no picture of me in tights!



100% SUPER MERINO Wool
High thermal performance
Supreme comfort
Natural antibacterial properties
Static electricity resistant
Simple to care for
The color I have is black in size large
Weight (size med):7.4 oz.

MONT BELL U.L. THERMAWRAP JACKET


Pictured in Size Large Thermawrap Jacket.  It only weighs 10.7 oz!

I love my Thermawrap Jacket!
15-denier Ballistic Airlight calendered nylon shell & lining
Exceloft synthetic insulation, 50g/m2
Micro-fleece lined collar
Hand warmer pockets
Weight (size large):10.7 oz in the included stuff sack




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...