Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mont Bell U.L. Thermawrap Jacket

Mont Bell U.L. Thermawrap Jacket







I used the U.L. Thermawrap Jacket by Mont Bell on our most recent Coues deer hunt. I found the jacket to be extremely comfortable to wear and it is extremely lightweight. The specs on the Mont Bell website say 8.8 oz for a medium but I was wearing a size large. The color of the jacket I have is gun metal. The temperatures were in the low 50’s in the mornings and I would put the jacket on once I got to my desired glassing point. The jacket did seem to really block the wind and keep me warm. I will get some more use of this jacket and pants next week on my Colorado Mule Deer hunt so I will keep you informed. My initial impression was amazing comfort and warmth for such a lightweight piece. It also comes with a handy little stuff sack that is roughly 10X4 inches (see photo).  This jacket retails for $145.00.
Features of the jacket:
  • 15-denier Ballistic Airlight calendered nylon shell and lining
  • Exceloft synthetic insulation, 50g/m2
  • Hand Warmer Pockets

  • Micro-fleece lined collar

  • Hand warmer pockets
  • Weight (size med):8.8 oz










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...