Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brian Rimsza's Coues Deer

My friend, Brian shot this nice buck, he recalls his story,"Well it has been another great coues deer hunt in southern Arizona. I went down on Monday four days before my hunt opened hoping to find a good buck. I saw a lot of deer and spotted a lion but I really did not find a definate shooter. My friends Jay and Aaron were able to come down and help me spot deer which proved to be very valuable. After a two hour hike we were set up on large peak over looking a lot of country. Jay spotted a bachelor herd of three bucks and this guy was the biggest buck. I had to move down to get close enough for a shot before the deer made it into the mesquite flats. Just as I got set up the deer made it into the trees. Amazingly enough they came back out and presented me with a 600 yard shot. I made the shot and harvested a great buck. Due to the fact we were so far from the truck I was able to call my buddy Andrew who was able to pick us up at a different location saving us a four mile hike. Thanks Drew. Without great friends this hunt would not have been possible." Good job Brian!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...