Sunday, November 9, 2008

Backpack Scouting

Darr and my cousin Jimmy have a Coues deer hunt in Arizona that starts at the end of the month and we have been diligently scouting for two good bucks. We have found two decent bucks in August but have been craving some more remote country so we decided to dust off the small tent and off we went. Darr couldn't see packing into the remote wilderness without having the 32X80 Kowa Highlanders and the 12lb tripod to accompany them, so he brought them along. His pack weighed 44lbs and mine weighed a mere 30lbs. We had a great time and found some deer but are still in search for some shooter bucks. I glassed up a beautiful lion in the evening. He was my 29th lion spotting. I still have yet to get one of those buggers but it would of helped if I would have brought my rifle!! The new Prototype Outdoorsmans backpack worked unbelievably well and is fast becoming my favorite backpack ever. I will feature it in an upcoming article soon. The search continues for a great buck and if it doesn't work out maybe we can find one in Mexico this year!!






















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...