Monday, May 10, 2010

Tyler Hall's AZ Archery Goulds Turkey

Two of my favorite people and hunting buddies Tyler and Glenn Hall, had some great success this season on Tyler's Arizona goulds tag.  Tyler opted to use his bow and it paid off!  Tyler tells the story, "After I glanced back at my Dad and saw him motion that he heard a turkey scratching out in front of us, the next thing I saw was the white tips of a strutter’s fan over some jack pines at 20 yards. He strolled right up and bellied up to the Jake decoy 8 yards in front of me. This gobbler slipped in Silent Bob style after we had been working him for an hour and a half. At full strut he began to slowly turn away from me and when his fan blocked his vision I drew my bow, aimed at the sphincter and launched an arrow. A 120 yard foot race later and my Gould’s gobbler was done. I am so thankful for such a beautiful bird the Lord blessed me with along with the time spent with my good Ol’ Dad!"  Great Job Tylo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...