Sunday, May 30, 2010

Another big elk to score

Here is a clip that Colburn and Scott Outfitters guide, Darr Colburn, shot a few years ago.  To our knowledge this bull was never harvested.





Here is my guesstimate on score:  What do you think?
Left Side-17, 18, 18, 21, 17, 6 extra, MB 48, mass 28, Total left side 173
Right side- 18,18, 18, 20, 16, 20 extra, MB 49, Mass 28, Total right side 187
Inside spread-37
Total gross score 397

BTW, this is a fun exercise and I love doing it but for me hunting is about the thrill of the hunt, the challenge of our quarry, putting meat on the table, enjoying our God's creation, and spending time with friends and family.  With that being said I love big antlers and I try to sharpen my skills on scoring whenever I get the chance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...