Friday, May 7, 2010

I smell antlers growing


The moisture in Gila County is evident thru these photos taken yesterday.  The antlers are not going to have an excuse this year IMO.  Here are a few random thoughts on Spring turkey hunting:   if these birds could smell I don't think I would ever kill one, why do they gobble at you then fly the other way,  can something with a brain the size of a marble really be that smart,  why do you gobble at me like your interested then fail to make another peep, I wish I could see like a turkey, the youth hunts and two season hunt structure is hammering our birds and the "quality of the hunt" is suffering, why does the game and fish not require mandatory reporting for the youth tags?????, I would give my tag to a junior or youth but why are they over the counter, if the G&F made deer and elk over the counter the big game guys would go bizerk, why does no one seem to care about a turkey and just let the G&F slaughter what so many guys have work hard for, if turkeys gobbled all year long I would never get any work done, is it too late to add the wild turkey as our co-national bird (I love the eagle too), how can the gobblers head change color that fast, why do I always forget to get on the same level with a gobbling bird before trying to call him in, I thank the Lord above for creating such a awesome quarry, this turkey season has been going strong since March and has taken me to many states and different haunts, I am probably done chasing you due to scheduling conflicts so I have a full year to think of all the mistakes I have made and how the more I learn about you the more I get humbled and schooled, until next year keep your head down and stay moving and I will see you on the same limb next spring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...