Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coffee Caddy and Mtn House








Backpacking Essentials by DARR COLBURN



A good friend of mine called me the other day and asked what he needed to bring on his first back packing Coues deer hunt. Here are a few things that Jay and I have used in the past. You will need a stove to boil water for your food. One of the large butane canisters lasted me for 5 nights last season. These things are amazing and will get your water boiling in minutes. We also tried out several of the Mountain House freeze dried meals and they are excellent. A few of our favorites are Spaghetti, Lasagna and Noodles & Chicken. We also like to take some of the Propel Fit Powder packs to mix in your water for a little flavor and vitamins. If you don’t plan on packing in your own water you will need a water purifier and or iodine tablets.
For all the caffeine junkies like me I came across a great inexpensive must have. The product is called the Coffee Caddy and I purchased mine for about $8 at REI. The Coffee Caddy weighs next to nothing and will make a fresh cup of coffee in minutes. There is a screen filter where you pack your coffee grounds in and then just poor in a cup of hot water and let it perk atop your coffee cup. You will be drinking fresh brewed coffee in minutes. I use my Coffee Caddy when I am camping and back packing. Mix in a little hazelnut powdered coffee creamer and it tastes like heaven in the back country!

The 2 serving entrees weigh 4.8 oz.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...