Saturday, August 29, 2009

Brian Rimsza's Giant Coues Deer!

Brian Rimsza just shot a buck of a lifetime with his new Elite GT500 bow! He is a coues deer fanatic and has been after a trophy like this for some time. Well, this buck is a bomber. I was honored just to get to put my hands on him. Here are some rough preliminary measurements, over 32 inches of mass, 18+ inch mainbeams, 15 7/8 wide, 5 inch eyeguards, 4 1/8 inches of extras....125 plus gross. This thing is an absolute beauty and he got it all on video and it is outstanding footage. Congrats to Brian and all of his dedication and hard work!! If anyone truly deserves this buck it is Brian! I will let Brian post the total number when he has a second to breath a little.








OK here is what the preliminary measurements are:
Inside SPREAD 15 7/8 Right Side MAIN Beam 18 6/8 G1 5 1/8 G2 7 2/8 G3 6 H1 4 7/8 H2 4 1/8 H3 4 1/8 H4 3 2/8 TOTAL RIGHT = 53 4/8 LEFT SIDE MAIN BEAM 18 5/8 G1 5 1/8 G2 8 2/8 G3 6 3/8 H1 5 H2 4 1/8 H3 4 1/8 H4 3 2/8 TOTAL LEFT = 54 7/83 ABNORMAL POINTS RIGHT SIDE 1, 1 1/8, 2 1/8 TOTAL 4 2/8 SYMMETRY DEDUCTION BETWEEN BOTH SIDES 1 5/8 DEDUCTION PLUS ABNORMAL POINTS = 5 7/8 MAINFRAME TYPICAL GROSS 124 2/8 NET TYPICAL SCORE 118 3/8 THE BUCK IS A 128 4/8 GROSS

The New GT500 by Elite Archery did the job on this giant!



Awesome Job Brian! This buck should qualify very high in Pope and Young!
Here is Brian Story:
"Hey Everyone,Well just when I thought my year could not get any better it did. Most of you know I am an absolute coues deer fanatic. I have been hunting these little guys like most of you for the better part of my life. Up until August 29, 2009 my best buck with a gun was right at 102". On Saturday, I got permission from my fiance to go hunting so I jumped at the chance (she really did not have a choice!!!!). I went to a water hole which I had seen some decent bucks on in the past and figured I might have a chance to get a nice buck with my bow because it has been so hot. I got in my double bull at approximately 7am and figured I would sit all day. At 9:30 I had a doe come in and then at 10:30 I was visited by a nice black bear. At 1:30 I had two small bucks show up but they were nothing I was going to shoot. At 3pm another doe came and drank. As the doe left my view from the blind window this giant showed up. I was ready and he walked to the same spot where all the other deer had watered which was 30 yards. I flipped on the video camera and prepared myself for the shot (YES I GOT IT ALL ON VIDEO). It was everything I could do not to shake the arrow off the rest. Once the buck committed to drinking I drew. At the shot the buck ducked a little and I caught him in the spine dropping him instantly.This is the first animal I have harvested using my new ELITE GT500. If you have not had a chance to shoot an ELITE bow I suggest you check them out. They are lightening fast and have a great feel to them. I was using GOLD TIP arrows with 100 grain Wac Em broadheads. Spot Hogg sight with a limb driver rest along with fuse accessories. I also want to thank the staff at Archery Headquarters for getting me set up especially George and Randy. This buck is everything I could ever imagine. He has 7 points on his right and 4 on his left. Depending on how things are scored his SCI (no detuct/adding everything) score is 128 4/8. His gross pope and young score is 124 2/8 and he should net around 118 3/8. The buck has 18" of mass per side with over 18 inch beams. I hope you enjoy.Brian "
WHAT A HOG BRIAN! AWESOME JOB!
Updated Video Below of Brians awesome hunt!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...