Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thingamabobber Review

I am a nymph fisherman at heart and I absolutely love the Thingamabobber which is made by Westwater Products. These awesome little strike indicators come in three sizes 1/2", 3/4", and 1". They come in lots of colors such as pink, yellow, white, and orange. In the first picture below you will see some custom ones done by Janis Putelis. In high water, I don't think color matters or design for that matter but when the water gets clear and low I would imagine white would be best as to try not to spook fish. I black sharpie might even come in handy to paint the thingamabobber to match a floating stick or leaf. The thing floats extremely well, it is very sensitive to the strike and seems to cast as well as any indicator. There are several ways to connect to the leader but he most sensitive way is to connect the leader about 20 inches from the end of our flyline to the loop and then connect your tippet to the loop as well down to your weight and flies. I haven't tried this yet but have heard of some guys using the smallest 1/2" incher between two dry flies and said it keeps both flies floating well. If you haven't tried this product you are missing out! Thingamabobber gets a big thumbs up in my book.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...