Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flyfish the Piney I

This awesome brown was caught on a Sage 2 wt that Janis brought and our other rod set up was a Scott G2 in 4 wt (Sweet rod). We stopped to eat lunch at about 3:00 and we saw a fish rising as we ate our sandwiches. I finished my lunch and made a few casts to the rising fish and got a follower then a rejection. I tried a few more casts and moved up a few feet and this guy pounced on my dry fly. To say what happened next was a rodeo was an understatement. He used me like a cheap suit but Janis and I managed to get him in the net on the 2 wt. He was a beauty!! Thanks Janis and Alpine River Outfitters! Please no emails about my inability to rub my sun screen in properly, I can only do a few things at a time!!!















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...