Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tyler Hall 2008 Coues Hunt

My friends, Tyler and Glenn Hall, had a terrific time this weekend on their hunt. Tyler bagged another nice Coues deer trophy and spent some quality time with his Pops. Tyler tells the story," My dad and I backpacked into this spot I found while scouting this summer the evening before the hunt. The morning was a little dull as far as deer numbers go until my dad had 2 mountain lions pop up on a boulder 10 feet from him while he was glassing. The lions must have put 2 and 2 together and figured that a 54 year old guy that far back in the middle of nowhere must be one tough s.o.b because they took off as soon as my dad stood up. We thrashed up to another glassing spot and an hour before dark my dad glassed up the buck. I took one look at him in through my binos and said, "I'm shooting him!". One shot from the .257 at 574 yards and he was down for the count. It took us 6 hours to pack the buck and all our camping gear out. Bottom Line: It was one of my favorite hunts of all time. I have to thank my ol' man for being the best hunting bud you could ask for." Great job guys!! You guys have an awesome family tradition of good times and big bucks!!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...