Friday, October 24, 2008

Cody Goff 2008 Coues Deer

Darr and I went along with Cody Goff to assist him with his 2008 Coues deer hunt. Cody had scouted this buck all summer and was anxious for the hunt to start. Well this morning was opening morning and Darr spotted this buck and Cody and I made a great stalk on this deer and Cody made a great shot with his .257 Weatherby. The buck is seventeen inches wide. The packout was the worst conditions of any packout I have been involved with. We had a 1500 foot climb out of this hole and the temps were in the low 90's. I used trekking poles today and it sure made it easier to climb uphill in the rough Coues deer country. I also had the pleasure of using one of the new Outdoorsmans Prototype Max 1 backpacks. It was phenomenal. I am sure glad I had it for today, it was awesome! Great job Cody Goff!!










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...