Saturday, August 9, 2014

KUIU Ultra 6000 Pack

By Darr Colburn
 
I got my new KUIU Ultra 6000 pack in the mail the other day and ripped open the box like a kid at Christmas.  I put the pack on and was immediately impressed.  I can honestly say this is the first pack I have ever put on that I felt fit me perfectly.  The frame seems to be a little narrower and the shoulder straps and hip belt both fit and rode where they should.  The second thing that blew me away was the weight of the pack.  The Ultra 6000 weighs a mere 3 lbs 9 ounces.  I like the new clips they put on the straps.  I had the Ultra 6000 out the other day while scouting for sheep and it worked great.  I can tell you that this pack will be my go to pack for this season.  The size and weight of the Ultra 6000 make it feel like a small day pack.  KUIU hit a home run in my opinion with the new Ultra series of packs.  I ordered the bow holder, rifle holder and the hydration bag holder along with my pack.  This pack is priced right at $350. 
 



Small light frame along with padded shoulder and hip straps.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...