Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Hunting and Scouting

Posted by Jay Scott:  I took advantage of the small cold front that came thru the valley this Memorial day weekend and did some Arizona Desert Bighorn sheep scouting in Unit 24B South.  It never ceases to amaze me how much feed and vegetation that this area maintains for the desert sheep.  With highs in the low 90's, it was downright beautiful.  I saw four rams and one ewe and was able to capture some video (see below) of the sheep even though they were over 1 mile away.  I was able to cover some ground in three different areas.  It was my first real look through the Swarovski 12X50 EL's and the Swarovski 10X42 EL Range.  Both of which I found to be amazing!  I have some pics of them in action that I will post later.







Here is some video of one of the rams from 24B South

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...