Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 1 Training

Hunting season officially ended for me about a week ago.  This off season I have decided to stay in shape.  I have signed up to hike the Grand Canyon with my friend Dave Martin in May,  We will be hiking from Rim to Rim to Rim in in one day!  I think it is around 46 miles with 20,000+ feet in elevation changes.  Dave has done this trip the last several years and has gotten me started in the right direction.  I have roughly 12 weeks to get my body ready for the trip.  This last week was my first week of training.  I managed to get in 25 miles for the week (8 running & 17 hiking).  This morning I finished up my first week with a 3 hour and 20 minute 11.4 mile hike in the Cave Creek Recreation area.  I will keep you posted on my progress over the next few months.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...