Saturday, October 2, 2010

Randy Ulmer's Big Bucks and Bulls

Friend of jayscottoutdoors.com, Randy Ulmer, sent these photos of his latest trophies that have been harvested in the fall of 2010.  His youngest son Levi, whom I call the "tackdriver" also harvested another fantastic bull.  Here is what Randy had to say about his fall,
 "Shawn and Cory Lytle each helped me at different times on my Nevada buck. I found the buck on the 9th day of the hunt and Shawn came and helped me get him killed.


My nephew Zach helped me on my Colorado deer. We had a lot of competition on that hunt, but were finally able to get the buck we were after. The picture is of Zach packing him out.

Zach also helped me on the other deer hunt. He spotted the deer before sunrise one morning moving into a juniper finger and then lost him right away as he went behind the trees. We repositioned to try to find him again and Zach found him bedded in the P-Js with just his nose and main beam sticking out. I slipped into position and waited for him to stand up, which he did at noon and I arrowed him.

Corey Kasun, Bobby McFadden and Blake Chapman, each helped me at different times during my AZ elk hunt. I found this bull with about 30 cows late in the evening with just 3 days left in the hunt. I crawled in amongst his cows and got him when he chased a smaller bull by me. He had about 8 inches broken off his 4th point, but even with the break, he just missed 400 by a few inches."

I had fantastic help on each of these animals by some very good guys and I appreciate their help immensely!



 






Holy smokes that is a lot of bone!  Congrats to the entire Ulmer family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...