Monday, June 14, 2010

Teva Mountain Games 10k

Up the hill, down the hill. Just like elk hunting! I ran my first race of the summer last week when I participated in the Teva Mountain Games 10k. A bit brutal, but overall fun. Roughly 1800 ft. of elevation gain and loss, four hills and lots of pretty views. The winner finished in 45 min. and I came in at 69min. To keep myself from walking the climbs, I kept imagining a nice 6x6 at the top of each hill. After the race we enjoyed watching rock climbers and big air mountain bikers. The day before we were treated with an exceptional kayak competition and the crowd favorite, the dock dogs. Teva and The Vail Valley Foundation put on quite an event! For more info check out http://www.tevamountaingames.com/


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...