Wednesday, January 30, 2013

KUIU Super Down Hooded Jacket Review

I have to say that when I first heard of the KUIU Super down line it got me excited.  I have been looking for a lightweight jacket to give me a little more warmth while glassing for trophy animals during the colder months here in Arizona and Northern Mexico.  I picked up the KUIU Super Down Hooded jacket right after Christmas, just in time to leave for Sonora, Mexico for 20 days of Coues deer hunting.  I wore the jacket virtually everyday while searching for the elusive grey ghosts.  At only 10 ounces the weight to warmth ratio was very impressive.  I really like the hood and it came in handy because we had unusual winds this year and colder temperatures than I can remember.  The jacket can be worn alone or under the Guide jacket.  Most of the time I would have it in my pack while hiking then upon arrival to my point I would just slip it on and start glassing.  This piece of gear will be in the starting lineup for many hunts to come.  Hats off to KUIU for continuing to push the bar for ultra lightweight hunting gear.  Photos by Janis Putelis


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...