Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 California Turkey Hunt Pics I

Posted by Jay Scott:
I just happen to have the coolest nephews in the world!  We had another great hunt in California with our friends Craig and Ronell.  We split up on Friday night to roost some birds.  I took Jay and Will and we roosted two gobblers down in a canyon in a black oak tree above a small grassy flat near a small creek.  I was able to watch them fly up in the tree and marked the location well.  We got back to camp and Craig and his son-in-law, Brian, had 8 gobblers roosted in one sycamore tree above a small creek!!  Needless to say the two we roosted got a free pass the next morning.  We had a great morning and went 3 for 3 on nice California Rio Grande Turkeys.  I absolutely love my Motherlode Turkey calls even though I am not where I want to be as a turkey caller yet.  We captured the hunts on video from two camera angles and they turned out really nice.  I am going to post the pictures in two segments since there are so many!  Looking forward to the full schedule of turkey hunts coming up in the next 30 days.  Merriams and Goulds madness begins.  Gobble Gobble....................













Woodpeckers stashing their acorns for a rainy day

Brian Davis of Fowl Play Taxidermy with his mountain rio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...