Saturday, November 26, 2011

Colburn and Scott Outfitters Late Hunt Bull Down

Yesterday was openning morning of the late hunt.  We had been scounting for about 5 days before the hunt started and had seen some nice bulls.  I was hunting with David Combs and his wife Sona.  Janis and his hunter Rick saw a couple of nice bulls the evening before the hunt started and gave us directions how to get there.  David is 70 years young and is a very experienced hunter.  David, Sona and I were waiting in the dark on the point where Janis and Rick told us to go.  At first light I glassed up a bull bedded at 310 yards.  After 20 minutes of trying to get a rest David connected on a great late hunt bull.  The bull has seven points on his right side and had seven on his left but broke a couple of points during the rut.  When cutting up the meat for the pack out we found a 3 blade Rage broadhead and 4 inches of arrow in the bulls left shoulder.  It took Janis, Rick and I most of the day the get the bull packed out.  Here are a few pictures.  David and Sona where great to hunt and share stories with.  I look forward to spending more time with them again someday.  I hope am still hunting when I am 70.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...