Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Colorado 2nd Rifle Season

We had a great 2nd Rifle season here in central Colorado.  My brother was able to harvest his first big game animal, my friend Chris Aycock took his first bull elk, and I killed my first six point.  After a soggy start, we got some snow and then bluebird skies and cold temps.  The two younger bulls were called in and I hiked about three miles into the wilderness to find my bull, who was running solo already.  All hunting occurred on public land with OTC tags.  I'd like to thank everyone that helped with all the meat packing chores.  Two of the bulls were a ways in and having good friends that answer the phone when the packing call comes in are priceless.  Special thanks to Jennifer Jones, Joe Brgoch, Chris Aycock, Nick Varnberg, John Cochran, and Martins Putelis.  I'd still be packing quarters if it wasn't for their generous help.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...